Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bio- Christina Russell

By: Christina Russell
Date: November 9, 2006



¡Hola amigos! Me llamo Christina Russell but most just call me ‘c’. I was born in San Francisco, California on September 17, 1986. I’m 20 years old and currently attending Albertson College of Idaho to get my BS/RN for nursing and a minor in Environmental Studies. My other home is in Bend, Oregon …the town of “roundabouts” (AKA Bend-over-again).

I started kayaking when my family moved to Bend in 2001. I attended the Otter Bar Kayak School at the Forks of the Salmon with my little sister Kim and the rest is history. I can’t get enough of kayaking and everything that comes with it: travel, cultures, new friends, and lots of smiles…the fact that it’s fun is important too ;). I currently paddle a Liquidlogic Huck and Vision 44. Last fall/spring I attended the Academy of Huge Experiences for half a semester in New Zealand and half a semester in Chile to improve on my kayaking. I’m afraid this fueled my travel ‘bug’ even more…WOO HOO there go my future savings!

In my spare time which is not taken up with kayaking, I am still outside. I love to climb, backpack, downhill ski, trail- run, slackline, work out (can’t forget that time-consuming activity ), mountain bike and paint (though usually this is done inside). Academically, I enjoy Marine Biology, Astronomy, and Egyptology. Am I forgetting anything? OH! I love food! After a long day on the river, it’s hard to beat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked ice cream all to yourself. Mmmmmm mmmmmm. If you think otherwise…BRING IT! Just kidding…or am I? Mwahahaha! Did I mention that I’m a vegetarian? Yep yep, I am.

I like being silly and enjoying the simple things in life. You only got one life so use it and love it for all that it is! As we like to say, “I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and it looks like I’m all out of bubblegum!”

See ya on the river!! C out!

Just for you Obie- My hair is narturally dark brown but right now it’s pink, blue, blonde, and brown he he he May the force be with you Obie!

No comments: